We are looking for a passionate and creative Product Manager to join the product team at Brilliant. The Product Manager will be responsible for working with other product managers, designers and engineers to research, understand, design, implement, and test key features for both the Brilliant Control and Mobile Apps.
The Brilliant Control is a unique product due to its ability to interact with consumers in many ways (touch, voice, motion sensing, mobile, etc.), while also controlling a wide range of smart home products (lights, music, climate, etc.).
This role is designed for a Product Manager with at least 3 years of work experience. You should be comfortable with wireframing and design platforms such as Balsamiq, Sketch, Abstract, and InVision, and have a track record of bringing great user experiences to life. As we are an early-stage company, successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to work quickly and collaboratively, infusing their work with creativity and compassion for our customers. Being able to test, adjust, and launch in a high-growth environment will be a critical skill.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders, including product managers, engineers, and other designers in drafting & brainstorming initial concepts and bringing them to fruition across both mobile and embedded systems.
- Participate, create, and utilize both quantitative and qualitative methods in understanding usage trends - including usability testing and analytics platforms.
- Manage goals, priorities, and deliverables for the UX and product functions that align with project milestones.
- Determine requirements and prioritization leveraging user research, partner needs, and product insight. Meet regularly with customers and channel partners to build intuition and user personas that reflect the unique usage and value patterns of our existing and target customers.
- Create iterative sketches, wireframes, user flows, and designs that meet project objectives, and respond to feedback from internal teams and user testing.
- Work across a wide range of projects, technologies and devices (including mobile, web, and smart home/IOT devices)
- 3+ years of experience working in the field of product management.
- Bachelor's degree required from a strong university, preferably in an analytical field (e.g. Natural Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, or Finance).
- Experience with product, design, and strategy that meet user needs, product requirements, and business goals
- Experience multi-tasking and managing multiple projects with various timelines
- Experience creating user experiences for the web, desktop applications and/or mobile and hand-held devices; small-screen UX on mobile or embedded systems a plus.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Strong team player.