Product Design Manager at Brilliant
How often do you get the opportunity to work on a tangible, physical product that can change the daily lives of every American household?
Think about our cars today. They have dozens of computers within them. Do we call them “smart cars”? What we call “smart homes” today will just be known as homes in the near future. Brilliant hopes to democratize the smart home itself. We build products that naturally blend within the aesthetic of your home, and allow your home to still feel like a home - not a jumble of electronics.
We also happen to be in an era where the type of experiences that have traditionally been accessible to the top 1% of households can be available for all households. Now. That’s in the matter of hundreds of dollars instead of tens of thousands.
We are looking for a Product Design Manager to join the Brilliant Product team and help bring that vision alive - and it’s going to be an exciting journey!
Brilliant creates technology that makes it fun and easy to interact directly with your home.
Our first product, the Brilliant Control, replaces an existing light switch to give you touch and voice access to lighting, music, climate, and other smart home products. Our newest products include a Smart Home Switch and Smart Plug that showcase our ability to complete smart home lighting as well as being the center of the smart home. We also have an all-in-one mobile app for use when remote, available across iOS and Android.
For enterprise customers, we recently launched the Brilliant Command Center, which helps property managers become more efficient, save time/money, detect issues, and increase resident satisfaction.
This role is designed for a Product Design Manager with at least 8 years of design work experience and at least 2 years of management experience. You should be intimately comfortable with design platforms such as Figma, and have a track record of bringing great user experiences to life.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with finding solutions to complex design challenges and capable of designing systems in a wide variety of environments. You will utilize a full range of skills including research, ideation, interaction design, and visual design. This is not a 100% management position, and you will be expected to still produce digital design during the product development process.
As we are an early-stage company, successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to work quickly and collaboratively, infusing their work with creativity and compassion for our customers. Being able to test, adjust, and launch in a high-growth environment will be a critical skill. Experience at a startup is a plus.
- Lead, manage, and grow a team of 2 digital designers.
- Set and improve the design process within the product development flow with an eye for quantitative and qualitative factors.
- Create goals, priorities, and deliverables for the UI/UX function that align with project milestones. This ultimately includes delivering user experience flows and graphic design assets while partnering with Product Management and Engineering for feature development.
- Help evolve Brilliant’s visual design language, across our core product, web, and mobile experiences while contributing to the growth of our design system.
- Create iterative designs that meet project objectives, and respond to feedback from internal teams and user testing
- Work across a wide range of projects, technologies and devices (including mobile, web, and smart home/IOT devices)
- Experience with design and strategy that meet user needs, product requirements, and business goals (please provide portfolio - applications submitted without a portfolio link will not be considered)
- Deep knowledge of the visual design and UI/UX patterns and principles, with the desire to continually improve at every stage of design and development.
- Expert level knowledge of Sketch/Figma, Zeplin, Abstract, InVision.
- Passion for digital design and the user centered design process.
- 8+ years of experience working in the field of user experience and visual design; college degree preferred but not required
- 2+ years of management experience
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com