Today we’re pleased to announce Brilliant's 25th integration: Hunter Douglas PowerView® Automation for window shades. Hunter Douglas is the leading manufacturer and marketer of custom window treatments in North America and a major manufacturer of architectural products. This marks the second shade integration for Brilliant and delivers one of the most requested brand integrations by Brilliant’s customer and user community.
Available now, the new integration will enable Brilliant users to control and automate Hunter Douglas PowerView Gen 3 shades connected to a PowerView Gen 3 Gateway from in-wall Brilliant touchscreen controls or the all-in-one Brilliant mobile app.
This new integration will also enable Hunter Douglas customers to easily connect their PowerView Gen 3 shades to the most affordable built-in home control system on the market, while also giving builders and professional installers the ability to offer complete home automation systems at a mass market price point with no custom programming required
- Perfect sunlight at every moment: Easily control shades in any room or all at once without needing a phone or app. Brilliant users will be able to open, close, tilt up, tilt down, and set your shades to specific levels on your Brilliant Control and mobile app.
- Choose or create the perfect scene: Use Brilliant Scenes to automate and schedule Hunter Douglas shades. Control groups of shades together or create custom scenes to control multiple smart home products simultaneously. For example, secure your home at night with the simple tap of a “Goodnight” scene that closes all shades, locks all doors, turns off the lights and lowers the temp, or wake up with the sun by scheduling your bedroom blinds to open at sunrise and turn up your thermostat on workdays.
- Simple and fast slider and gesture control: Assign a slider on your Brilliant Control or use a screen gesture to control your Hunter Douglas shades.
- Increased Energy Efficiency: Automate your shades to save on energy costs by letting in maximum sunlight in the winter and blocking rays in the summer.
- Whole-Home App Control: Use Brilliant’s all-in-one mobile app for iOS and Android to control Hunter Douglas window shades and all your other smart home devices from anywhere with a single app.
Read more on our Hunter Douglas Works With Page
- Brilliant Smart Home Control Panels are available in four models, from a 1-gang panel for a single light switch to a 4-gang panel with four switches, and six colors: White, Ivory, Light Almond, Gray, Silver, and Black (color frames are sold separately as upgrade options). They support up to 300W incandescent and halogen, up to 150W LED and CFL, dimming, and multiway lighting.
- Brilliant makes it easy for everyone—family, friends, and guests—to control their home.
- Connects to: Sonos, Ring, Nest, Resideo, Honeywell Home, Ecobee, Kwikset, Schlage, Yale, August, Genie, Philips Hue, SmartThings, and many more.
- Includes built-in Amazon Alexa and also works with Google Assistant and Apple HomeKit.
- Serves as an audio and video intercom system with a built-in microphone and camera with a physical privacy shutter.
- Offers a personalizable touchscreen so you can upload and display personal photos.