Brilliant is seeking an experienced writer and content marketer to drive adoption of its award-winning Brilliant Smart Home System by home builders, multifamily developers and property managers, technology integrators/installers, and home owners/consumers. The Content Marketing Manager will spearhead the development and execution of Brilliant's content strategy. This role will be responsible for producing a variety of compelling and educational content to drive awareness, leads, and preference for Brilliant across multiple lines of business (B2B and B2C). We’re looking for a strong copywriter, experienced storyteller, and an evangelist at heart who enjoys sharing the benefits of new technology. As we look to develop and strengthen our brand’s narrative, the Content Marketing Manager will provide critical support to our Sales, Business Development, and Customer Success teams and help Brilliant achieve its mission of making smart home living an easy, accessible, and enjoyable experience in every home and for everyone.
- Craft compelling short form and long form articles, landing pages, social posts, blog posts, customer stories, case studies, collateral, ebooks, white papers, infographics, and other media.
- Work with the internal design team and marketing leads to bring your words and stories to life.
- Leverage Brilliant’s products, customers, partners, and executives to drive top of funnel engagement, leads, and conversions through effective content marketing practices.
- Manage the development of content from initial concept and brief to final product.
- Work cross-functionally and proactively interview internal teams, partners, and customers to generate new stories, insights, and educational resources to share.
- Measure and track content quality and performance.
- Institute best practices and infrastructure to effectively scale our content marketing efforts.
Requirements / Qualifications
- 5+ years of content marketing or direct copywriting experience (B2B and B2C content).
- Ability to write clean, concise, well-polished copy consistent with our company’s tone and mission.
- Experience in creating various types of content such as websites, ebooks, white papers, infographics, guides, blogs, etc.
- Clear, effective communicator—verbally and in writing—with the ability to be persuasive.
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of traffic, leads, and sales.
- Must be able to set relevant priorities on a daily basis as the job requires.
- A bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like you, we expect technology to get simpler, demand less from us, integrate seamlessly into our lives, and just plain work. Nowhere is this more important than the technology we invite into our homes. We expect it to make our lives easier and our families happier. Unfortunately, the promise of the smart home has remained unfulfilled. Rather than living simpler lives, we control our homes through a maze of apps on our phones and clutter our tables and countertops with devices and cords. That doesn’t seem “smart” to us. It’s time to fulfill the promise of the smart home with technology that makes controlling your home a pleasure, not a chore. From lights, music, climate, security, and doorbells to whatever comes next, we make interacting with all of your smart devices simple by building controls that are easy for everyone to access and use right in the walls of your home.
Brilliant has been recognized as the winner of the CES Innovation Award, the CTA TechHome Mark of Excellence, the IoT Breakthrough Award, and the CEDIA BEST Award. Brilliant is based in San Mateo, California, and is funded by August Capital, Miramar Ventures, The Box Group, and other prominent investors.