As an engineer on the Server Team at Brilliant, you'll work closely with the other engineers on the team, the product manager, and the designer across our full server stack to solve problems and build new features. Your projects will span building new GraphQL and RESTful APIs for our Python services, supporting communication with our fleet of Brilliant Controls, extending our gRPC backends and their interactions with Redis and PostgreSQL, and expanding and maintaining our AWS infrastructure. In addition to your primary focus on our server stack, you may occasionally dabble in working on the Brilliant Control from our Qt UI to the Python running on every Control.
- Build, test, deploy, and maintain features across our backend services.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, engineering, marketing, and sales to build new features and iterate on existing experiences.
- Learn about multiple technologies ranging from user-facing software to backend infrastructure and understand how these components work together to create the Brilliant ecosystem.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with modern programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Experience building and extending GraphQL and RESTful server APIs.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL).
- Experience with Redis.
- Experience deploying and maintaining AWS infrastructure.
- Experience with Terraform.
To apply, please email us at email@example.com