Smart Home Builder Account Manager
How often do you get the opportunity to work for a company that creates a tangible, physical product that can change the daily lives of every American household?
Think about our cars today. They have dozens of computers within them. Do we call them “smart cars”? What we call “smart homes” today will just be known as homes in the near future. Brilliant hopes to democratize the smart home itself. We build products that naturally blend within the aesthetic of the home, and allow it to still feel like a home - not a jumble of electronics.
We also happen to be in an era where the type of experiences that have traditionally been accessible to the top 1% of households can be available for all households. Now. That’s in the matter of hundreds of dollars instead of tens of thousands.
We are looking for a Smart Home Builder Account Manager to join the Brilliant Sales team and help bring that vision alive - and it’s going to be an exciting journey!
Brilliant is searching for candidates who are proactive and passionate about smart home products and the clients they serve. The ideal Account Manager will act as a point of contact for new/existing builder clients as well as a point of coordination for the Brilliant Sales Team. They will build and maintain long-lasting relationships with their clients to ensure customer satisfaction and success. The Account Manager will also aid internal departments by collecting information to drive reporting, as well as executing client trials of Brilliant Technologies.
To succeed in this position, candidates should have exceptional communication, computer, time management, and problem-solving skills. You should be resourceful, analytical, adaptable, and organized with the ability to build rapport with clients and team members.
- Serve as a point of contact for customer account management needs
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our collateral, proposals, and products according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal team
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify and grow opportunities within a territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
- Experience with smart home products
- Knowledge and exposure to single family and multi-family builders
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key partners at all levels of an organization
- Solid experience with CRM software
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 25% of each month to client and partner sites
- Regularly work in the Brilliant office, based in San Mateo CA
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com