As a Quality Analyst on the Third-party Integrations team, you will work day-to-day with the Product Manager and engineers to deliver useful, easy to understand, and high quality integrations with other smart home devices that delight our customers. You will collaborate closely with the team throughout a feature's lifecycle, reviewing product requirements, proposing acceptance tests, providing feedback during development, executing regression tests, and monitoring releases when they are deployed to customers. At Brilliant, quality is everyone’s responsibility. As a Quality Analyst, you’re leading the charge and elevating your whole team’s ability to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and engineers to review new features and updates and ensure alignment on acceptance criteria.
- Work with the team to create and maintain test suites that reflect our acceptance criteria.
- Manage Brilliant’s suite of third-party hardware for use during both development and testing.
- During a sprint, work closely with Engineering to coordinate testing by the entire team.
- Perform new feature and regression testing of third-party devices alongside the Brilliant Control.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, isolate, and triage issues with the team.
- Provide reliable reproduction steps to help the team solve issues.
- Organize and manage Brilliant’s beta/employee home testing program to test our integrations before releasing to users.
- Monitor releases and communicate with Customer Support to understand and escalate issues that customers are facing with third-party integrations.
- 1+ years working in quality for a consumer-facing product.
- Strong written and verbal communication, collaboration, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Good observation and detailed investigation and diagnosis skills.
- Basic understanding of home networking (e.g. setting up a home wifi router).
- Familiarity with Git, Linux and Linux tools (e.g. bash, grep, SSH).
- Experience with bug tracking tools and procedures around logging and tracking bugs.
- Ability to work in a highly iterative environment with frequent releases.
- Previous experience with smart home devices.
- Previous experience with testing hardware
- Previous experience with a test automation framework.
- Experience with querying a database (e.g. SQL).