We are looking for a passionate and creative Product Designer to join the product team at Brilliant. The Product Designer will be responsible for working with product managers and engineers to research, understand, design, implement, and test key features for both the Brilliant Control and Mobile Apps.
The Brilliant Control is a unique product due to its ability to interact with consumers in many ways (touch, voice, motion sensing, mobile, etc.), while also controlling a wide range of smart home products (lights, music, climate, etc.). The Product Designer will bring the user experience to life using wireframes, interactive demos, and live features.
This role is designed for a Product Designer with 2+ years work experience. You should be intimately comfortable with design platforms such as Sketch and InVision, and have a track record of bringing great user experiences to life.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with finding solutions to complex design challenges and capable of designing systems in a wide variety of environments. You will utilize a full range of skills including research, ideation, interaction design, and visual design.
- Create goals, priorities, and deliverables for the UI/UX function that align with project milestones. This ultimately includes delivering user experience flows and graphic design assets while partnering with Product Management and Engineering for feature development.
- Help evolve Brilliant’s visual design language, across our core product, web, and mobile experiences while contributing to the growth of our design system.
- Create iterative designs that meet project objectives, and respond to feedback from internal teams and user testing
- Work across a wide range of projects, technologies and devices (including mobile, web, and smart home/IOT devices)
- Experience with design and strategy that meet user needs, product requirements, and business goals (please provide portfolio - applications submitted without a portfolio link will not be considered)
- Deep knowledge of the visual design and UI/UX patterns and principles, with the desire to continually improve at every stage of design and development.
- Expert level knowledge of Sketch/Figma, Zeplin, Abstract, InVision.
- 2+ years of experience working in the field of user experience and visual design; college degree preferred but not required